HEB ISD Bomb Threat Sends Students to Bedford’s Pat May Center

Thursday, March 6, 2025

An estimated 1,200 HEB ISD students were bused to the Pat May Center, in Bedford, late Wednesday morning as a result of a bomb threat at the District’s Alternative Education Program campus, KEYS Learning Center and Central Junior High School, according to a FOX 4 News report.

The report said the Pat May Center, where the District’s administrative offices are located, was designated as the reunification point where parents could pick up their children.

Although the threat turned out to be a false alarm, the report stated, the Euless Police and administrators followed proper protocol with their evacuation of the students.

Continued next column

Photo courtesy of FOX 4 News

The report quoted ninth grader Eli Fabila who said his class was taking a test when “the teacher asked everyone to pack up because something was going on.”  He said some students tried to run out of the door.

So far, according to the report, investigators have not said who made the threat or where it came from.  It is not clear if anything was found on the campus.

Bedford Journal Project

Bedford, TX

info@BedfordJP.com

©Copyright 2025

Community journalism for Bedford based on the premise that an informed community is an empowered community.